Thursday, November 1, 2012
SNAPPII Release Major Upgrade in Functionality
Snappii, a fast growing start up that created a unique platform for rapidly building enterprise grade mobile apps in days and without programming, has release the next generation of if its technology for the iOS platform. Support for the Android platform and HTML5 web apps will be released over the next 2 months.
Customers using Snappii 2.0 can create apps that use database(s). The databases can store any type of information including text, numbers, pictures, and videos. They can be accessed, edited and modified from the apps. Furthermore, databases can be stored on Apple devices locally or be server based to share data with other users.
“Marrying databases to apps enables our customers to create all kinds of mobile apps that work with live and dynamic data. This further distinguishes Snappii as a platform for creating enterprise grade mobile apps, but still not requiring any mobile programming skills” said Alex Bakman company founder and CEO.
In addition to databases Snappii has added many new features requested by customers. They include the ability to
- sort any data inside the apps
- search for any data inside the apps
- control the appearance of any information organized in list view
- control the appearance of any detailed screen
- control group access to various levels of functionality
- ability to extract data as PDF reports and email it
- any much more
“I was asked to find a programmer who could build an app for my company.
When I was given this task, I thought, well if I'm going to hire someone and oversee them, then I better know what it takes to build an app. It was then that I stumbled on to Snappii. I was able to build a completely functional database driven app in a matter of hours, and when my President followed up with me the next week regarding my progress with recruiting a programmer, I was able to blow his socks off with this finished product. The time and money that we saved, building our app with Snappii was significant. We are already thinking about Version 2.0. Can you imagine what it would cost me to have a programmer to add new features? With Snappii, I can make any changes I want, as often as I want, for no additional cost. Snappii has made me a superstar a work, and is truly one of the best things that I've ever stumbled upon. “ says Leilani Fields, HR Manager Valley Oxygen.
Snappii 2,0 adds 2 new tabs: Advanced List and Advanced Form.
Using Advanced List customers have the:
- ability to create database by uploading a spreadsheet. Snappii customers can customize the
- List view and the data they collect from their app users.
- ability to upload data from own spreadsheet format. Snappii customers can insert the fields they want into the spreadsheet and get the data from app users.
- supported column datatypes: text, numeric, datetime, date, time, gps location, image, address. Snappii customers can add these types of data to the new spreadsheet format.
- ability to customize cell and detail view
- control who can add, edit and delete items in a list
- specify groups of users who can add items, who can edit or delete any item (moderators or
admins), and if users can edit or delete items they added
- ability to add email button and allow app users to select items in a list and email a PDF
report of those items
- allow app users to sort the list by various fields in the local database. This option gives app
users the ability to do a search on specific values in the list.
Use Case: A car dealership can show inventory of cars in the app. Customer can sort the car inventory by models of cars, year, vehicles type, etc. Additionally customers can search for cars based on any field.
Using Advanced form customers can:
- save new items to the database in addition to ability to email reports
- add to contacts button
- post to Facebook button
- post to Twitter button
- send text message (SMS)
- location button - show single location on map
- send email button
- ability to allow app users to save photos, drawings/signatures, maps, gps locations to the database
- ability to allow app users to create private lists only on their own device (local database)
-data is cached on the device as it is pulled to the device so users can still view data when they are offline
- data can be entered via advanced form or advanced list while the user is offline
Use Case: A medical practice requires patients to fill out lots of forms. Paper forms can be eliminated and replaced with an app where users enter data and it is stored on devices. The data is reviewed and can be emailed as PDF file. Even without Internet connection, the app will continue to work and save the data locally. Once the Internet connection is reached, the forms will be sent out. The Advanced Form feature will be especially useful for those who work in fields and don’t have constant access to PCs.
Snappii is committed to continue improvement in functionality for building enterprise grade mobile apps. Please visit Snappii site to check for new options. Snappii offers customer a choice between a do it yourself service and full service app development.